This is a great opportunity for a developer to work full-time on an Open Source project, working with our clients such as Google. You will gain exposure to the full lifecycle of the project, from strategy planning, solving complex issues, triaging issues and pull requests, along with heavily in discussions with both the public and our clients. This is a technical role working on an Open Source library, rather than application development using React Native.
As an Open Source Engineer, you will:
- Represent the company as the main point of contact for the React Native Firebase library.
- Work with our CTO & OSS Lead to deliver project requirements in a timely manner to a high standard.
- Be a hands-on software developer, working across the full lifecycle of OSS:
- Issue and Pull Request triage.
- Being reactive and autonomous whilst working on issues, features and overall project maintenance.
- Carry out code reviews from both the public and colleagues.
- Participate and engage in discussions both publicly and internally about key decisions and directions of projects.
- Work as part of the team, sharing and reviewing ideas, mentoring and guiding team members through technology architecture and implementation details.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a keen interest in Open Source Software.
- An ideal candidate will understand what it means to maintain Open Source Projects.
- Have an active and up-to-date GitHub account.
- Have proven working experience with React Native & at least one native technology (Android and/or iOS).
- We are not looking for an expert of the native technologies, rather someone who has experience and keen interest in learning the native aspect of React Native.